Tuesday, September 19, 2006

the alarm clock

object writing exercise #1 from 9 June 2006, sometime in the am

I live in mortal fear of a certain object in my bedroom. It is a basic utility item that many people own and I would guess that many have this stomach churning, hand wrenching fear of their alarm clock as well. No we have not always been enemies, well mostly. I wish I was one of those people with an internal clock but each morning it is the same, that god-awful seemingly "Psycho"-inspired sound pierces my delicate sleep or movie-like dream state and grabs me by the heart to pull me into reality. Yes, I who by nature am quite loud, fear the loud BUZZ from the alarm clock because it takes me away from my momentary bliss and comfort zone. Of course the other fears I have are not hearing the stupid thing because I am too far gone or forgetting to set it. User error. The best part is taking in it's beautiful curves with my hands as I fumble for the snooze so I can spend another 9 minutes in Neverland. I suppose it's too much to call it fear but loathing may be right on the money. I beg and plead for that alarm to go away, stop time for just a few moments so that I can enjoy a little peace. But no, there is no swaying the demon that dwells deep within such a small object. Each morning he wakes screeching in my ear heralding the arrival of the new day. One of these days I may be brave enough to slay the bastard.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

wow, i have my own section on your sidebar, i feel so special :D i think your writing definitely comes from the core of who you are. I really liked the last one about windows, I love the whole theme of windows, glass, ice, etc. and they make up a large portion of my writing

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 4:55:00 PM  
Blogger Aisha Willis said...

Thanks for stopping in Mary, your feedback is always welcomed.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 10:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home