Friday, June 23, 2006

polyester

object writing exercise from 22 june 2006, 7:30 am

It's hot! How in the world did they convince me that THIS was what I needed to wear? I could feel the faux silkiness of the fabric already sticking to my sweat-slick skin. Oh man... not the spotlight. Dear God this is the worst outfit ever! I can't even breathe in this. Sure on the hanger it looked beautiful. The shimmering irredescence under a cheap flourescent bulb was sure to look rock star-ish under bright stage lights. Unfortunately, I forgot to take into account that my body would ultimately suffer the consequences. Although smooth to the touch, heat and sweat add a smothering quality to polyester. I felt as though the shirt was attackig me as it's sinister fingers, disguised as a collar, crept around my neck to choke the life out of me. So very unfair. Hit the wind machine already. The cool breeze could place me on an island oasis shrouded in linen and take me from this inferno in my polyester prison. Someone, please, save me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home